Skip to main content

Linux Basic Commands -[Learn Linux]-



 


As We know Linux Plays an Very Important Role in The feild of hacking and Linux Means CLI Command Linux interface and for that we have to learn Every Commands Individually So Today i am Going To Teach You Some Basic and Then We Will move to Advance commands !

Basic Terminal Shortcuts
==================

CTRL L = Clear the terminal cat
CTRL D = Logout (less, more)
CTRL E = Cursor the end of line
CTRL U = Delete left of the cursor
CTRL K = Delete right of the cursor
CTRL W = Delete word on the left
CTRL Y = Paste (after CTRL U,K or W)
TAB = auto completion of file or command
CTRL R = reverse search history
!! = repeat last command
CTRL Z = stops the current command (resume with fg  in foreground or bg in background)








Basic Terminal Navigation
=================

ls -a = list all files and folders
ls <folderName> = list files in folder
ls -lh = Detailed list, Human readable
ls -l *.jpg = list jpeg files only
ls -lh <fileName> = Result for file only
cd <folderName> = change directory
if folder name has spaces use “ “
cd / = go to root
cd .. = go up one folder, tip: ../../../
du -h: Disk usage of folders, human readable
du -ah: “

“ files & folders, Human readable
du -sh: only show disc usage of folders

Pwd : Print Current Working Directory
man <command> : Print Manuals for The Command


Some Usefull Commands
================


Logging In and Managing Sessions
================================
*How do I change my password?                           passwd

*How do I log out of the system?                        exit

*How do I shut down my computer?                        halt

*How do I reboot my computer?                           reboot

*How do I get into the graphical interface?             startx

How do I gain superuser privileges without logging out? su -l
    (You will be prompted for the root password.)
 
How do I display or print a calendar?                   cal
    o Displaying the calendar for year 1492 AD:         cal 1492
    o Displaying the calendar for July, 1776 AD:        cal 7 1776

How do I see the current system date and time?          date

How do I get information on other users?                w

How do I find out what a basic shell command does, 
say I want help with cd?                                cd --help

How do I find out my user and group names and IDs?      whoami

How do I get a one-line help on a command, say grep?    whatis grep

How do I get information about GNU utilities, like id?  info id

How do I learn what a command can do, like jobs?        man jobs

How do I find out my current directory?                 pwd

How do I find out information about my Linux?           uname -a
    (The -a is an option: 
 it tells uname to output All the information.)

How do I find out how long my system is up?             uptime
 
 
 
Finding and Killing Processes
 
Finding and Killing Processes
=============================
*How do I view a list of running processes?                           ps -A
    (-A means all processes run by All users.)

*How do I terminate a process, say with PID 5076?                     kill -9 5076
    (Use the ps command to find out the PID of a process.)
    (9 is the 'sure kill' signal.)

How do I know how much RAM is unused?                                  free -m
    (-m outputs data in terms of megabytes)

I suggest you look up man pages for:

ps:    man ps
kill:  man kill
jobs:  man jobs
top:   man top 




Other Commands
=================

addpart
blockdev
delpart
elvtune
fdformat
fsck
fsck.cramfs
fsck.minix
isosize
mkfs
mkfs.bfs
mkfs.cramfs
mkfs.minix
mkswap
partx
raw
resizepart
swaplabel
cfdisk
fdisk
sfdisk
chfn
chsh
last
login
newgrp
su
sulogin
utmpdump
vigr
vipw
blkid
chkdupexe
cal
ddate
findfs
findmnt
getopt
kill
logger
look
lsblk
lslocks
mcookie
namei
rename
uuidd
uuidgen
whereis
wipefs
mount
umount
chrt
ionice
taskset
arch
chcpu
ctrlaltdel
cytune
dmesg
eject
fallocate
flock
fsfreeze
fstrim
hwclock
ipcmk
ipcrm
ipcs
ldattach
losetup
lscpu
mountpoint
pivot_root
prlimit
readprofile
renice
rtcwake
setarch
setsid
swapoff
swapon
switch_root
tunelp
unshare
wdctl
agetty
mesg
script
scriptreplay
setterm
wall
write
col
colcrt
colrm
column
hexdump
line
more
pg
rev
tailf
ul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Working Shopping Site SQLi Dorks

Most Important XSS Cheat Sheet

How to Install Mosh on you Linux ec2 Instance